Delicious in small amounts but if you're a pig, it will make your head and teeth ache. I know from experience!
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- Add the sugar, water and almonds to a food processor with a metal blade and blitz until very smooth.
- Strain this almond milk through a jelly-bag or a cheesecloth over a sieve. Leave overnight to drip through.
- Leave the resulting milk to cool in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Place in your ice-cream maker (60 minutes is perfect in our Cuisinart model).
- Freeze in an airtight Lock&Lock-type box.
Using an Ice-cream scoop, scrape off any layers of ice-crystals and serve on a pre-chilled plate.
How to prevent home made ice cream from freezing solid in the freezer
Home made ice cream is usually reasonably soft and 'scoopable' straight out of the ice cream maker, but once it is placed in the freezer for more than a few hours it becomes a solid block of ice, effectively.
Unfortunately without using artificial additives it is not generally possible to keep it soft once you freeze it. I have tried many suggestions and they all fail miserably, apart from this one!
Place the hard-frozen ice cream in your refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours before you want to use it and re-freeze it immediately you have scooped out what you need.
Admittedly this does require some planning ahead, but it does mean you'll have usable ice-cream.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.