Air fried roasted vegetables, mozzarella, ham and pasta
Loving our new Tefal hot air frier. Here's a lovely recipe we had last night.
We bought a selection of vegetables on Saturday, divided them into three portions and have had Air fried roasted vegetables for the last two days. I thought we should try something different for the last day, so I knocked this up.
In short, cut the vegetables into similar sized pieces (butternut squash and carrots take the longest time in the air fryer so you need to cut them thinly. Roast the vegetables for about 25 minutes, then pop the cooked pasta, mozzarella and ham in for the final 5 minutes. You might have to adjust the 25 minutes depending upon how you like your vegetables cooked and how thinly you sliced them.
- 1 tablespoon chilli infused olive oil
- 1 small red onion, peeled and chopped into rings
- A third of a butternut squash, peeled and cut into 10 mm square chips
- 1 courgette cut into 15 mm discs
- 1 red or green sweet pepper, cored and cut into slices
- 1 large carrot cut into 10mm chips
- 15 cherry tomatoes (whole)
- 130g dried pasta (macaroni)
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- Pinch each of dried mixed herbs, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100g sliced ham
- 1 ball of mozzarella cheese, torn into pieces
- Add the olive oil, all of the vegetables, slat, pepper and mixed herbs to the air fryer pan
- Toss to mix well and air fry for 20 to 25 minutes until the vegetables have softened a little. Once you add the remaining items whey won't cook too much more.
- Cook the pasta so it's ready to add. reserve a few tablespoons of the cooking liquid to add to the mixture if you need to loosen it
- After 25 minutes add the mozzarella, ham and cooked pasta and maybe a few tablespoons of the cooking water
- Air fry for a further 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Total cooking time is about 30 minutes.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.