5 minute ginger cake
This recipe means you can make a ginger sponge-cake, from scratch in 5 minutes. It was recommend to me by Annabelle and Jackie, (in)famous by Xerox association.
This recipe begs to join beer-can chicken in it's own category, Wacky recipes!
- 4 tablespoons self-raising flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons oil (canola)
- A small splash of vanilla extract
- A small splash of ginger extract or 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 large coffee mug
- Add all of the dry ingredients and mix well, you can do this in the mug, though it's probably easier to mix in a bowl
- Add the beaten egg, milk and oil and mix well
- Add the ginger and vanilla extract and mix well
- Pour into a mug and microwave for 3 minutes on full power (1000 watt microwave)
- Allow to cool a little - microwaved food can get dangerously hot!
Eat directly from the mug with a spoon or tip it out on to a plate if you're posh!
This was delicious, if not a little too sweet for my taste. I would try with a little less sugar next time.
Using a bowl rather than a mug, makes the clean-up process a little easier even if the overall effect is not quite as dramatic!
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.