Pa amb oli
- 1 slice of rustic bread, about 2 cm thick
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half length ways
- 1 ripe tomato, cut in half
- Extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- Toast the bread until it is golden.
- Rub the garlic over both sides the toast, so that it is actually grated.
- Rub the tomato over one side so that the skin comes away in your hand. This will only work with a ripe tomato.
- Serve on a plate, drizzle with the oil and add salt to taste.
There are some cheat's methods of making this, especially if you cannot get ripe tomatoes. Firstly, you can grate the tomato finely and spread it over the toast. or try using a tinned plum tomato. Alternatively, use some tinned chopped tomatoes and drain them off thoroughly beforehand.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#paamboli #tomato #bread #garlic #ham #hand #grated #plumtomato #tomatoes