Scrambled eggs and black garlic bagel brunch
An interesting variation on the breakfast staple, using black garlic, this one from Angie Redgate.
- 2 large eggs
- Knob of butter
- 1 plain bagel (or cheese muffin)
- 2 cloves of black garlic (peeled and sliced)
- 1 centimetre of fresh red chilli finely sliced (optional add according to taste)
- 3 slices of pancetta or 1 slice of smoked salmon
- Chopped chives or parsley to garnish
- Salt and black pepper.
- Fry the pancetta slices until crisp.
- Halve the bagel and toast it.
- While still warm spread with butter.
- Break the eggs into a bowl.
- Lightly beat together.
- Add the sliced black garlic and chilli (if using).
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Put the butter in a small frying pan.
- When the butter has melted and is just about to foam, add the egg mixture.
- Using a wooden spoon or a fork, stir quickly until the mixture is cooked to your liking.
- Place the bagel or muffin on a plate.
- Spoon on the scrambled eggs.
- Sprinkle the crisp pancetta over the scrambled eggs (if using smoked salmon, slice into strips and place on top at this stage). Garnish with chopped chives or parsley.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of Black Garlic and is by Angie Redgate