Scrambled eggs and black garlic bagel brunch
Just as god with normal garlic 4/5 Black garlic is hard to find, so uswe normal garlic - just as good. Klapaucius)
An interesting variation on the breakfast staple, using black garlic, this one from Angie Redgate.
- 2 large eggs
- Knob of butter
- 1 plain bagel (or cheese muffin)
- 2 cloves of black garlic (peeled and sliced)
- 1 centimetre of fresh red chilli finely sliced (optional - add according to taste)
- 3 slices of pancetta or 1 slice of smoked salmon
- Chopped chives or parsley to garnish
- Salt and black pepper.
- Fry the pancetta slices until crisp.
- Halve the bagel and toast it.
- While still warm spread with butter.
- Break the eggs into a bowl.
- Lightly beat together.
- Add the sliced black garlic and chilli (if using).
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Put the butter in a small frying pan.
- When the butter has melted and is just about to foam, add the egg mixture.
- Using a wooden spoon or a fork, stir quickly until the mixture is cooked to your liking.
- Place the bagel or muffin on a plate.
- Spoon on the scrambled eggs.
- Sprinkle the crisp pancetta over the scrambled eggs (if using smoked salmon, slice into strips and place on top at this stage). Garnish with chopped chives or parsley.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of Black Garlic and is by Angie Redgate
#butter #bagel #pancetta #blackpepper #chilli #eggs #scrambledeggs #smokedsalmon #chives #muffin #scrambledeggsandblackgarlicbagelbrunch