Mumbles Chicken Farm
Mumbles Farm - Borough Green, Kent
Give her a call first to see what she has in stock. Take a trip there and visit 'The Church', where the point of lay chickens [about 16 weeks old] are kept.
Take something to carry them home in, a cat basket is fine for a few, though the best method we have found is go to your local supermarket and get a few crisp boxes, you can comfortable carry 3 hens in each box. Amazingly, they will sit silently in your car all the way home once the box is closed.
Still in business. I spoke to Gill [December 2016] and they are still in business.
Price guide - May 2011
- Standard point of lay hens - £12.00 each
- Fancy point of lay hens from £18.00 each
Crouch Lane (by Black Horse Pub)
Directions :Turn right almost immediately after the pub, Mumbles Farm (a series of fields) is about a mile up Crouch Lane on the right hand side.
Not too far from London. Fairly close to M20 & M25.
- Monday - 14:30 to 16:00
- Tuesday - 14:30 to 16:00
- Wednesday - Closed
- Thursday - 14:30 to 16:00
- Friday - 14:30 to 16:00
- Saturday - 14:00 to 16:00
- Sunday - 14:00 to 16:00
- Gill: 07899 840765
- What's this page doing on a cooking site?
- My chicken keeping Flickr photset, created for a few friends who wanted some tips.