Fillet of sea bass with an oriental black garlic rub 'en papillote'
A sea bass recipe, cooked en papillote, which could also be cooked using normal garlic.
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 1 sea bass fillet
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 1 clove of peeled black garlic - finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon of grated ginger
- ¼ teaspoon of finely chopped lemongrass
- 3 tablespoons of sake or dry sherry
- 1 finely chopped spring onion
- Finely chopped fresh coriander for garnish.
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4.
- Mix the soy sauce, ginger, lemongrass, and black garlic to a paste.
- Place the sea bass fillet on a piece of foil.
- Gently rub the paste all over the fish.
- Sprinkle with the sake or sherry.
- Top with the spring onion.
- Wrap the sea bass in the foil as a parcel.
- Place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 12 minutes until cooked throughout.
- Take out of the foil parcel.
- Serve sprinkled with a teaspoon of very finely chopped coriander and the juices from the foil parcel.
There is no need to peel ginger. As a result of attending a Thai cookery demo, we have learnt that peeling ginger is unnecessary unless for aesthetic purposes as the skin is high in fibre and full of flavour. However, do remove any bits that have become tough or woody.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of Black Garlic and is by Angie Redgate