Black garlic ailoli
An interesting looking mayonnaise-style garlic sauce recipe that could also be made with normal garlic.
- 8 cloves of peeled black garlic
- 1 egg yolk
- 150 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- Lemon juice to taste
- Black pepper
- Chop the black garlic as finely as possible.
- Place into a pestle and mortar.
- Add the sea salt and grind together.
- Transfer to the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the egg yolk and mustard powder. Blend together.
- Leave the food processor running. Add a small drop of olive oil.
- Gradually add the oil a little at a time until a smooth and creamy consistency has been reached.
- Season with pepper and add lemon juice to taste.
Use as a dip.
- A huge variety of different mayonnaise recipes
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of Black Garlic and is by Angie Redgate
#blackgarlicailoli #eggyolk #foodprocessor #mustardpowder #blackgarlic #lemonjuice #pestleandmortar #dip #garlic #garlicmayonnaiserecipes #oliveoil