Baked eggs with black garlic
This elaborate tapas recipe using black garlic comes from Angie Redgate.
- 4 large free range eggs
- Butter (for greasing the ramekins)
- Half a tablespoon of olive oil and a small knob of butter
- 100g chestnut mushrooms - chopped
- 3 slices of pancetta - sliced
- 2 cloves of peeled black garlic - finely sliced
- 50g petit pois (cooked)
- 4 tablespoons of double cream
- 4 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper
- A pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Butter four ovenproof ramekins.
- Heat the olive oil and the knob of butter in a frying pan.
- Fry the mushrooms and pancetta until cooked.
- Add the black garlic and the cooked petit pois.
- The mixture needs to be fairly dry.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Divide the mushroom mixture equally between 4 ramekins.
- Break one egg into each ramekin.
- Season with a little salt and black pepper.
- Cover with 1 tablespoon of double cream per ramekin.
- Sprinkle on one tablespoon of Parmesan per ramekin.
- Sprinkle a little cayenne pepper on top (optional).
- Place the ramekin dishes in a roasting tin.
- Pour in boiling water to come half way up the sides of the ramekin dishes.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes or until the egg has set.
Serve with small slices of hot buttered toast
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of Black Garlic and is by Angie Redgate
#butter #ramekins #ramekin #oliveoil #ramekindishes #blackgarlic #cayennepepper #bakedeggswithblackgarlic #doublecream #blackpepper #egg