Baked bananas with black garlic
- 1 banana skin on
- 1 Flake chocolate bar
- 1 peeled clove of black garlic very finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons of runny honey
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of brandy or dark rum
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
- Kitchen foil
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4
- Mix together the Flake bar, finely chopped black garlic, honey and sugar.
- Place the banana on a piece of foil.
- Make a slit along the top of the banana through the skin and half way through the flesh.
- Stuff the mixture inside the slit.
- Pour over the brandy or rum.
- Make a parcel with the foil.
- Place the foil parcel in a baking dish,
- Put into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove banana from the foil.
- Serve hot with vanilla ice cream.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of Black Garlic and is by Angie Redgate