Vietnamese stir-fried spare ribs
Revision as of 12:39, 30 December 2011 by Chef
Vietnamese stir-fried spare ribs - about this recipe
An ideal starter or snack that is also good as a main dish.
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons nuoc mam, nam pla, fish sauce, etc.
- 2 tablespoons five-spice powder
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 900g spare ribs
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 5 cm peeled ginger root, grated
- Big bunch of fresh basil leaves, torn or chopped
- Add the hoisin sauce, nuoc man, five-spice powder and 1 tablespoon of oil, mix well and set aside
- Place the ribs in a wok and fill with enough boiling water to cover. A wok stand make this exercise a little safer!
- Bring back to the boil and blanche for 10 minutes
- Remove the ribs, drain and set aside. Discard the water.
- Clean the wok and ensure that it is dry. Add and heat the remaining oil, add the garlic and ginger and stir fry until the Uses::garlic takes a little colour.
- Add the blanched ribs and stir fry for another 5 minutes.
- Add the hoisin sauce mixture and coat the ribs really well.
- Reduce the heat a little and continue to cook until the sauce has disapeared and is coating the ribs.
- Add the torn basil, toss and serve in a large bowl with finger bowls and towels for your guests!