Who is Chef
I am Jerry Pank, aka Chef, the funder, founder, and creator of Cookipedia. I am an extremely enthusiastic cook, however, I am a computer programmer, not a Chef! I chose the pseudonym because it felt concise at the time. It feels very pretentious now - but too late to change, so apologies to any real chefs.
- Jamie Oliver - I love his style of cooking, enthusiasm and method of presentation. He may be a mockney, so what!
- Rick Stein - When he's cooking in some town square on a Gaz stove, loaded with wine!
- Antonio Carluccio - I love his rustic style of cooking and passion for local ingredients.
Music is my life blood. Period.
- Biggest influence: Pat Metheny / Herbie Hancock / Quincy Jones / Gilles Peterson / Stevie Wonder / Gino Vanelli / Montreaux Jazz Festival
- Band: The Jazz Crusaders / The Average White Band / Led Zeppelin / Deep Purple / Gino Vanelli / Tower of Power / Aerosmith / Pat Metheny Group
- Songwriter/Composer: Joni Mitchell / Stevie Wonder / Rickie Lee Jones / Carlos Jobim / Gill Scott-Heron / Dave Bowie / Dean Friedman
- Keyboards: Bill Evans / Keith Jarrett / Herbie Hancock / Lyle Mays / Eliane Elias
- Male Vocal: Mark Murphy / Jon Lucien / Ed Motta / Donnie Hathaway / Louis Prima / Boz Scaggs / Al Jarreau / Jose James / Chet Baker / Georgie Fame
- Female Vocal: Sarah Vaughan / Ella / Joni / Eliane Elias / Rickie Lee Jones / Toki Asako
- Guitar: Pat Metheny / Lee Ritnour / Carlos Santana / Hendrix / Jeff Back
- Bass: Marcus Miller / Jaco Pastorious
- Drums: Dave Weckl / Kim Plainfield / Stevie Wonder / Billy Cobham
- Sax: Dave Sanborn / Stan Getz / Michael Brecker
- Brass: Miles Davis / Freddie Hubbard / Chuck Mangeone
All-time favourite: Pat Metheny
Where I work
I work as a development programmer for Connected
My photos on other sites
The easiest way to contact me is via my talk page. I will try to get back to you as soon as I can.