Sopa de maní y tomates (Peanut and tomato soup) - (TM)
|ImageComment = Sopa de maní y tomates ([[Peanut |Servings = 4-6 |Difficulty = 0 |TotalTime = |PrepTime = |CookTime = |Image =
Sopa de maní y tomates (Peanut and tomato soup) - TM - about this recipe
A popular soup in Ecuador and Bolivia.
- 250g potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm dice
- 150g unsalted peanuts, toasted in a dry frying pan
- 55g peanut oil
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- Uses::Garlic to taste
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into quarters
- Red chillies, seeded, if desired
- 400g ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- About 700g vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons coriander, to garnish
- Add 600g cold water into the TM bowl and place the steaming basket containing the potatoes, inside.
- Steam for 20 minutes / 100° / Speed 1.
- Remove from the bowl and reserve.
- Dry the bowl and add the peanuts.
- Grind 10 seconds / Speed 8.
- Drop the onion, garlic, red pepper and chillies on running blades / Speed 5.
- Scrape down the inside of the bowl.
- Add the oil and sauté for 10 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed 1.
- Add the potatoes, ground peanuts, tomatoes and stock.
- Cook 15 minutes / 100° / Speed 2.
- Blend 1 minute / increasing to Speed 9 until smooth.
- Check seasoning and serve garnished with the coriander leaves and a few additional whole peanuts.
I used 3 chillies of the general sort you would buy from an Asian grocer and I left the seeds in. The heat level was fine for us, but it could be too hot for a lot of people, so start off with a little and add more if necessary.