Revision as of 16:08, 3 January 2009 by JuliaBalbilla
Salsa Romesco - about this recipe
- 2 ñoras
- 5 tbsp oilive oil
- 500 g tomatoes, whole or sliced in half
- 25 g almonds, skinned
- 25 g hazlenuts, skinned
- 5 slices stale French stick
- 5 cloves garlic, skins intact
- 1-2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Soak the ñoras in cold water for about an hour, having removed stalks and seeds if required.
- Meanwhile place the oil into a small roasting tin and place it into a cool oven.
- Pre-heat the oven to Gas 6/200 c/400 F, and once heated place all of the other ingredients into the tin, except for the vienegar.
- After about 10 minutes turn the ingredients over and leave to roast for another 10 minutes. It is a good idea to check the oven regularly to prevent over-cooking or burning.
- Drain the ingredients into a blender or food-processor, having peeled the tomatoes and garlic, reserving the oil.
- Add the vinegar and ñoras to the salsa and blend throughly.
- Add the reserved oil, little by little until you have the required thickness. If necessary, add more oil.