Sage and walnut mustard
Revision as of 16:38, 5 December 2010 by JuliaBalbilla
Sage and walnut mustard - about this recipe
Making you own condiments is so easy and always better then commercial offerings. Modify vigorously to suit your personal tastes.
- 100g mustard seeds.
- 250 ml white wine.
- 100 ml sherry vinegar.
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 75g walnuts, crushed with the palm of your hand.
- 4 sprigs of fresh sage, about 35 sage leaves, stems removed.
- Pour the wine and vinegar into a bowl and add the mustard seeds, leave for 24 hours.
- Place the mustard and wine in a food processor with a metal blade and add the sage, salt and walnuts , reserving a few walnuts for the end.
- Process to a paste, the finer the blend the hotter it will be.
- Add the remaining walnuts and pulse a few times leaving some roughly chopped nuts in the mustard.
- Store in a sterilised jar.