Remolachas a la Sevillana
Revision as of 06:57, 28 July 2009 by JuliaBalbilla
Remolachas a la Sevillana - about this recipe
- 2 large raw beetroots, unpeeled, with roots intact and stalk trimmed to about 2cm.
- I onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 225 ml medium sherry
- Heat the oil in a largish pan and gently fry the onions until soft.
- Meanwhile, top and tail the cooked, cooled beetroots and peel carefully. Chop into chunks and reserve.
- Stir the flour into the pan and allow to cookwith the onions for 60-90 seconds.
- Remove from the heat and gently add the sherry, stirring constantly.
- Add the beetroot, season, then cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
Serve hot, warm, or cold as a tapa or an accompaniment.
Keep an eye on on the sauce whilst it is cooking, in case it evaporates too quickly.