Prueba de cerdo (Pork with vinegar and paprika)
Revision as of 17:42, 29 July 2012 by Chef
Prueba de cerdo - about this recipe
4 or 8 as a tapa
- 1 kg fillet of pork, sliced in rounds of about 1 cm thick
- 2 teaspoons sweet pimentón de La Vera
- 60 ml olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1-2 bulbs garlic, finely diced
- 2-3 guindilla chillies, finely chopped
- A little oregano, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 180 ml hot stock or water
- 60 ml sherry or red wine vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoons flat-leaved parsley, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a pan until it is very hot.
- Add the pork and when completely seared, add the onion, garlic, chillies, oregano and bay leaf.
- Allow to cook until the onion is soft, stirring the mixture from time to time.
- Add 90 ml of the water and 30 ml of the vinegar.
- Reduce until the liquid has disapeared and add the remaining water and vinegar.
- Allow to reduce further, until the sauce has almost evaporated, ie 1-2 tablespoons of liquid left.
- Serve, garnished with the parsley.