Papas chorreadas a la colombiana (Potatoes in cheese and chilli sauce)
Papas chorreadas a la colombiana - about this recipe
A rich dish from Colombia. , see comments
- 1 kg potatoes
- 40 g butter
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 125 ml white wine
- 150 ml double cream
- 200 g of cheese, grated or cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and boil the potatoes.
- Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the chillies and onions until the latter are soft.
- Add the tomatoes and wine cook for a further 5 minutes or so until the sauce has reduced.
- Stir in the cheese and the cream and cook until the cheese has melted slightly.
- Season to taste.
- Serve the potatoes and pour the sauce over them.
If liked, add finely diced or crushed garlic when frying the onions. Next day, the left-overs were mashed and grilled in an oven-proof dish so the top was browned and crunchy, delicious.
--JuliaBalbilla 09:51, 13 January 2009 (UTC)