Marmalade glazed jerk gammon
We are extremely proud of the fact that unlike many cookery sites, we test all of the recipes that we put on Cookipedia.
This recipe has not yet been tested.
Do feel free to use it for inspiration but be aware that it may not yet be perfect.
Marmalade glazed jerk gammon - about this recipe
Recipe for a 1.4 kg gammon
- 1.4 kg gammon (unsmoked) - I chose one with very little skin as it will be discarded after boiling
- big bunch of parsley
- 15 peppercorns
- A big handful of Chinese preserved orange peel I happen to have some so thought I may as well use it. An orange or lemon quartered and crushed would be just as good
- Big stick of cinnamon
- About 3 ladles full (about 250 ml) of jerk marinade
TO BE CONTINUED
- Place the gammon and the boiling ingredients in a large pan and just cover with boiling water
- Fast simmer for about an hour and a half
- remove, drain and allow to cool
- Slice the skin off and discard. Try to leave a layer of fat on the meat
- Score the fat in a criss-cross pattern, trying not to cut into the meat
- Marinade in a cool place for as long as you can - I'm going for about 3 days. Keep in a sealed container if you have adventurous cats!