How to edit an article
for article, read 'recipe', 'ingredient', 'cooking method', 'supplier recommendation', etc..
If you want to discuss a potential change to a page that you are unsure of or that you feel might be controversial, every Cookipedia page has a related discuss here page precisely for that purpose.
There is more detailed help if you want to create an article, however if you just want to know how to simply edit an article, the procedure is:
- register or log back in
- Select and view the article you wish to edit
- Click the edit tab, which will only be available if you are logged in
- Make your changes
- Enter the reason for your edit the summary box as a courtesy to other users, especially if you are altering content
- Click the Show preview tab and check the changes are as you expect them to be
- 'rinse-and-repeat' until satisfied with your changes, then click Save page
- You have edited your first article
In order to edit an article you must be registered on Cookipedia. We have no interest in your personal data, this is purely to prevent site vandalism.