Gazpacho ligero con mostaza
Gazpacho ligero con mostaza - about this recipe
- 1 kg ripe tomatoes, peeled
- 4 tender celery leaves, or 1 stick celery
- Garlic, to taste
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard, or to taste (see Chef's notes below)
- 45 ml olive oil
- 15 ml white wine vinegar
- 1 litre water, light vegetable stock, or freshly pressed tomato juice (shop juice is too heavy)
- Place all of the ingredients except the water/stock in a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour into a serving bowl and stir in the water, stock or tomato juice.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
Regarding mustard. The Spanish have phrases for French, English and wholegrain mustards, so I assume that when they say just 'mustard' that it refers to their everyday variety, which apparently is a classic American style mustard. They also have a brand called 'Louit' who make various mustards, including a American one which is the bright yellow stuff used for hot dogs. I have never tried American mustard and understand it is fairly mild. Personally I would suggest that UK readers try English mustard if you want something with a little more heat than the American variety. Of course, you can use any mustard you like!