Djedj b'l-qasbour (Stewed chicken)
Revision as of 18:12, 29 May 2012 by Chef
Djedj b'l-qasbour (Stewed chicken) - about this recipe
- 900 g boneless chicken breast or thigh, cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Uses::Garlic to taste, peeled and left whole
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 250 ml water or chicken stock
- 1 bunch coriander leaves, chopped
- 225 g black olives, pitted
- The juice of 1 lemon
- Brown the chicken in the butter.
- Add the garlic, saffron and seasoning and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Add 250 ml water or chicken stock and simmer until the chicken is tender.
- Add the coriander, olives and lemon juice, and heat through for a few minutes.