Chocolate ice cream
Revision as of 10:48, 7 November 2010 by Chef
Chocolate ice cream - about this recipe
A rich and luxurious ice cream with lots of taste and lots of calories!
- 1 cup sugar (250 ml) white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup (250 ml) coco powder
- 1.5 cups (375 ml) full fat milk
- 1 cup (250 ml) double cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Add the eggs, sugar and coco to a food processor and blend until smooth
- Bring the milk to the boil in a heavy saucepan and remove from the heat.
- Run the food processor and slowly add the milk to the chocolate paste until all of the milk is added and well mixed.
- Pour the mixture back into the pan over a low heat and whisk until it thickens a little.
- Don't let it boil or you will end up with scrambled eggs.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool for a minutes of so.
- Pour through a sieve into a clean bowl and once cooled for 10 minutes, stir in the cream and vanilla.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold.
- Add the cold mixture to your ice-cream maker and follow the manufacturers instructions.