Revision as of 14:12, 21 February 2011 by Chef
|ImageComment = right|[[Broccoli |Servings = 2 to 3 people |Difficulty = 0 |TotalTime = |PrepTime = |CookTime = |Image =
Broccoli couscous - about this recipe
2 to 3 people
- 1 teaspoon vegetable bouillon powder or ½ vegetable stock cube
- 120 g dried couscous
- Splash of olive oil
- 2 Small sweet peppers
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons raisins or sultanas
- 5 dried apricots
- ½ a small head of broccoli
- 2 tablespoon almond flakes
- Using boiling water, make up 1.5 x the volume of the couscous (1.5 cups of stock to 1 cup of couscous)
- Add the couscous to a bowl and pour over the stock. Mix well and leave until the water is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Boil or steam the broccoli so it is to your liking. Chop into small pieces.
- Roast the peppers, remove the seeds and membrane and chop into small pieces.
- Toast the almond flakes until browned, be careful not to burn them as they turn very bitter when burnt.
- Pour the dried fruit and any remaining sherry over the couscous, add a splash of olive oil, stir in the broccoli and sweet peppers, garnish with the toasted almonds and serve.