Anitra's stuffed mushrooms
Anitra's stuffed mushrooms - about this recipe
The lovely Anitra gave us two huge portabello-style mushrooms, so they just had to be stuffed!
This recipe is a more a kind of Jamie Oliver-esque idea than a measured recipe, so think about the flavours you fancy and the available space.
Enough to fill two HUGE portabello mushrooms
- 2 huge portabello mushrooms, the size of small umbrellas
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 4 small spring onions, finely chopped
- 50 g home smoked bacon, finely chopped
- 50 g Parmesan cheese, grated (we had no Parmesan, so Chedder instead)
- Good glug or two of garlic olive oil
- Big handful of parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of chili flakes
- Pre-heat the oven to 180° C (350° F - Gas 4)
- Brush the mushrooms clean, don't wash them
- Cut the stalks out and chop them finely
- Place the mushrooms on a lightly greased baking tray
- Add the rest of the ingredients to a small bowl, with nice clean hands, scrunch everything together so it's really well mixed
- Pack the mixture into the mushrooms
- If you've judged it correctly, you have nothing left over!
- Drizzle a little olive oil over each mushroom
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes