Add your own recipe
Follow this procedure to create your own recipe on Cookipedia
If you get stuck or confused at any point - please do talk to me, I will do my utmost to help.
- You need to be registered to add any content to Cookipedia, so please register, click here or use the login / create account link, top right
- We have no interest in your personal details, registration is purely a method to limit vandalism
- Once you have registered, login using the same link
- Type a unique name for your recipe into the search box, top left, and click Go.
- You will be presented with a list of pre-built templates to create recipes, ingredients, cooking methods etc.
- Unless you are already au-fait with editing Wiki's then I suggest the recipe builder utility. This has been used to create almost every recipe on this Wiki and a quick peek at any recipe should give you an idea where to enter information for the relevant section
- Once you have completed your recipe, click the "Write WikiMedia code" button, copy the created text (Ctrl A, Ctrl C), back, back, to the Editing page and paste the text into the large text box (Ctrl V)
- Click the "Save page" button
- Make any final edits or corrections
- Upload an image if you have one
If you think this help document can be improved, then by all means make the changes you see fit or add you suggestion to this page's discussion page