Very special egg fried rice
pickled items used.
- Cooked and drained boiled rice from 1 cup of basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 heaped tablespoons finely chopped ginger root - I used bottled from the fridge as it keeps so well
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ cup dried shrimp, soaked in just boiled water for 15 minutes, drained and chopped
- 1 large pickled chili, chopped, with some seeds and a little vinegar, (pictured)
- 2 pickled roast red peppers, chopped with some of the vinegar, (pictured)
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped, with a little of the oil, (pictured)
- 4 spring onions, chopped on the diagonal
- 2 free range eggs, whisked with 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the onion, ginger and garlic on a high heat for 3 minutes
- Stir in the rice and mix well
- Add the chopped shrimp, peppers, tomatoes and chillies, mix well, reduce the heat and and cook until the rice is heated. About 4 minutes if the rice was cold
- Make a well in the rice and add the egg mixture, stir to cook evenly and then mix to distribute
- Add the soy sauce and spring onions, stir well and serve
Fry a little chopped bacon with the garlic.
Try a little sliced Chinese sausage instead of the bacon.