Vasina Torta (Васина торта, Vasa's torte) - the most loved cake in Serbia.
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons of sugar
- 6 tablespoons of ground nuts
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 10g baking soda
- a little bit of fresh orange juice
- 300g ground nuts
- 0.5 litre milk
- 200g margarine
- 5 lines of chocolate
- a little oil
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites beaten to firm peaks
- 4 tablespoons of sugar (add to your taste)
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6)
- Mix the ingredients for the base, and put it in a tray.
- Bake it for about 20 minutes at 200°C.
- After it's baked, pour some orange juice over it.
- Mix the nuts, milk, margarine and some sugar, and bring them to the boiling point.
- In another pot, melt the chocolate with a little oil.
- In a third pot, mix the egg yolks with the sugar. Then mix all three parts of the filling, boiling it for about 10 minutes.
- Pour this over the base and wait for everything to cool.
- Finally, add the whipped cream and chocolate shavings.