This article is in need of a suitable photograph. If you can provide one, please login and click '300px' to upload.
- 700 g mackerel or whiting fillets, dried, and cut to give you a total of 12 pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 12 lettuce leaves
- 1 onion, cut into rings
- ½ cucumber, sliced on the diagonal
- 2 tablespoons lightly roasted sesame seeds
- Season the fish pieces.
- Mix the flour and cornflour in a bowl and mix in the beaten eggs to form a batter.
- Heat some oil in a pan and dip the fish pieces into the batter.
- Fry them 3 at a time until they are golden and drain on kitchen paper.
- Place the lettuce leaves on a cold dish and put a few onion rings and cucumber slices on each leaf.
- Season and place the fish pieces on the top.
- Sprinkle with the sesame seeds.