This refreshing side-salad is quick to put together and delicious. If you are lucky enough to have a kitchen garden, you should be able to pick most of the ingredients from there.
- 8 Firm, ripe tomatoes
- 2 fl oz/60ml white wine vinegar or sherry vinegar - I so love sherry vinegar!
- 6 fl oz (175ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove Garlic, peeled and crushed
- ½ teaspoon mustard (French or English)
- 1 spring onion, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 level teaspoons sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chill the tomatoes
- First prepare the dressing by adding all ingredients to a bowl and whisking well
- Slice the tomatoes thinly and lay out in one layer, on a plate
- Sprinkle with salt, sugar, herbs and black pepper
- Immediately drizzle with the dressing to seal the flavours