Thermomix kedgeree (TM)
- 200g Basmati rice, washed and soaked for 1 hour
- Pinch of saffron strands
- 3 eggs, thoroughly washed
- 400g smoked haddock or cod
- 50g butter, chopped into small pieces
- 150g yoghurt
- Chilli powder. to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 30g Heston's spiced butter
- Fresh herbs to garnish, finely chopped
- Add 1kg water to the bowl and place the rice, mixed with the saffron in the internal steaming basket.
- Put the eggs on top of the rice.
- Put the haddock in a container that fits easily into the Varoma bowl.
- Pour enough milk over the fish to just cover.
- Place the container in the Varoma and position it over the Thermomix bowl.
- Cook for 14 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed 4.
- After 10 minutes it may help to open lid of the Thermomix and fluff the rice around the eggs.
- Remove the fish from the Varoma, drain and leave to cool.
- Remove the eggs, cool and shell before setting aside.
- Place rice in a bowl and mix with the 50g of butter.
- Remove skin and bones from the fish and flake.
- Mix in with the rice, together with the yoghurt, seasoning and chilli powder.
- Chop 2 of the eggs and add to the rice mixture.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4), [fan oven 160° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour].
- Grease an ovenproof dish and gently transfer the kedgeree mixture to it.
- Dot with Heston's spiced butter and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Cut the remaining egg lengthwise into quarters to garnish the kedgeree and sprinkle the herbs over the top.
- Lightly adapted from a recipe by Thermomixer