Tex-Mex potato wedges
If you have not made your own Tex-Mex seasoning, then a packet of El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix will do fine - use 2 tablespoons, not the whole packet. The rest will keep in an air-tight container.
- 2 tablespoons Tex-Mex seasoning
- 2 large baking potatoes, unpeeled - ideally :
- * Cara
- * Estima
- * King Edwards
- * Marfona
- * Maris Piper
- * Vivaldi
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil (groundnut oil)
- Preheat the oven to 220° C (400° F - Gas 6)
- Cut the potatoes into wedges 2.5 cm (1") wide
- Add the potato wedges and both oils to a bowl
- Sprinkle the seasoning over the wedges and with your hands, mix really well to coat the wedges
- Place on the preheated baking tray and cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden - check them regularly
- Drain on kitchen paper, serve.
Plain potato wedges, prepare the same way, just omit the Taco seasoning.