Whilst you can buy teriyaki sauce, it's very easy, and much nicer to make your own.
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sweet sherry
- 1 clove Garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3 cm peeled fresh ginger root, grated
- 300 g egg noodles
- Mix the marinade ingredients really well to make the teriyaki
- Spoon over the salmon and refrigerate for 30 minutes to and hour to allow the flavours to infuse
- Heat the oil in a pan and pan fry the salmon for 3 to 4 minutes a side, remove from the heat, cover , and rest for 6 minutes. This is the secret for perfectly cooked salmon.
- While the salmon is resting, boil the egg noodles for 5 minutes or as instructed on the packet.