Tandoori chicken kebabs
This tandoori chicken recipe is reproduced, courtesy of British Onions.
- 1 Medium white onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2.5cm/1inch Piece root ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 Fresh red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 Teaspoon garam masala
- 1 Teaspoon paprika
- Half teaspoon turmeric
- 200g/7oz Natural yogurt
- Juice half a lemon
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 4 Chicken breasts, each about 150g/5oz
- 4 Small red onions, cut into wedges
- Put the chopped onion and garlic into a glass or china bowl, add the ginger and chilli, then the dried spices, yogurt and lemon.
- Add salt and pepper and mix together.
- Stir in the cubed chicken and chill in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight if preferred.
- When ready to serve thread the chicken on to metal skewers or soaked wooden skewers with the onion wedges.
- Put on to a lightly oiled grill rack, drizzle with a little extra oil and cook under a preheated grill for 8-10 minutes, or on a barbecue, turning once until the onions are browned and the chicken is cooked through.
- Arrange on serving plates with lime wedges and sprigs of fresh coriander.
- Serve with a tomato, red onion and coriander salad and warmed naan breads.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of British Onions