Sweet and sour onions
This article is in need of a suitable photograph. If you can provide one, please login and click '300px' to upload.
- 500g small onions, peeled but the root end left on
- 40g butter
- 2 rounded teaspoons Belazu Smoked Chilli Jelly
- 4 tablespoons Belazu White balsamic vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the onions in a pan of cold water, lightly salt, bring to the boil and simmer for 15-20 mins until fairly tender. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of the water.
- Melt the butter over a low-ish heat in a frying pan large enough to hold the onions in a single layer.
- Add the onions, toss to coat in the butter, add the jelly and the balsamic vinegar, then cover with foil and cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the foil, increase the heat, and cook for a minute or two, shaking the pan, until the liquid has virtually evaporated and the onions are glazed and sticky.
- Season and serve
(Sainsbury's magazine) This recipe originated from the recipe section of Belazu.com