Summer beef tagine
- 2 regular red onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Belazu extra virgin olive oil
- 500g cubed stewing beef
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small stick of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Belazu Rose Harissa
- large pinch of saffron
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 600ml beef stock
- 500g sweet potatoes, cut into chunky slices and par boiled
- 2 beef tomatoes, sliced
- handful of fresh coriander and parsley leaves
- Pre-heat the oven to 160° C (325° F - gas 3)
- Heat a large flameproof casserole or tagine base and fry the beef for about 5 minutes, stirring until it's browned all over.
- If using a tagine, check that it fits in the oven before starting. If not, simply cover the dish with foil and cook.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the Harissa, saffron, salt and cinnamon stick and season well with freshly ground black pepper. Pour the stock over and then bring to the boil.
- Cover and cook in the oven for 90 minutes until the beef is tender.
- Increase the oven to 190C/275F/gas 5.
- Arrange the potatoes and tomatoes on the top of the beef and cook for 20 more minutes until tender. Serve sprinkled with fresh coriander and the fresh parsley leaves.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of Belazu.com