Spicy chicken with fried rice
- 6 chicken thighs, skin on
- 200g Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger or lazy ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 200g rice, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons frozen peas, defrosted (or vegetables of your choice)
- Add the yogurt, ginger, garlic, spices and seasoning to a large bowl and mix well.
- Cut 3 or 4 slits across each thigh, penetrating the flesh.
- Add the chicken pieces and coat well. Cover (with foil or clingfilm) and refrigerate for 30 minutes or longer.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190° C (375° F - gas 5)
- Heat the oil and fry the onion for 4 minutes
- Add the rice and peas then stir fry for 3 to 4 minutes until the rice is properly re-heated.
- Serve immediately.
The chicken pieces could be cooked on a barbecue just as easily. Turn them often.