Smoked haddock and potato hotpot
Comfort food at its best!. Purple Majesty potatoes are available from branches of Sainsbury's.
- 1 pack (1.25kg) Purple Majesty potatoes washed, not peeled and thickly sliced
- 2 onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 leeks, washed and sliced
- 500g/1lb 2oz un-dyed, skinless smoked haddock, cut into large chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 knob of butter
- ¾ pint vegetable stock
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Handful of curly parsley, chopped
- In a large, lidded, non-stick saucepan, heat the butter and oil over a medium heat.
- Add the onions and leeks and cook for 5 minutes until starting to soften.
- Now add the sliced Purple Majesty potatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and lots of freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the fish and stir gently.
- Bring to the boil, cover and then simmer for 10 minutes or until the fish and potatoes are cooked through.
- Serve Immediately.
(Recipe by: Sally Bee)
This recipe originated from the recipe section of Albert Bartlett