Semolina milk pudding
This pudding is great with golden syrup, black treacle or a good quality jam and is simple to make. Adjust the sugar levels according to your taste. It will be much better than you remember from school dinners.
- 1 litre (35 fl oz) milk
- ¾ cup semolina sooji or rava
- ½ cup sugar, according to your taste
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- A little grated nutmeg
- In a large heavy based pan, dry-fry the semolina until you get a toasted aroma. Don't burn it though.
- Tip the roasted semolina into a bowl and add enough cold milk from the 1 litre to coat the semolina. This can stop it lumping at the later stage.
- Boil the remaining milk in the large pan
- Add the semolina a little at a time , stirring contantly until you get a thick custard-like consistency
- Add sugar to taste
Serve hot or chilled