Salsa chilena (Chilean sauce)
Salsa chilena uses onions as opposed to tomatoes as the base ingredient. It therefore has better keeping qualities than the tomato based Pebre chileno
- 2 or more green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 100 ml water
- 2 medium onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley or coriander, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Plut all the ingredients in a blender and process briefly until the salsa is mixed, but not too smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.