Rock salmon with celery
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Rock salmon fillets
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 stick of celery, chopped into moons
- A pinch of hot chili powder
- A big handful of fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- 50 g (2 oz) black olives, pitted
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the fish and sauté for a few minutes on each side
- Add the celery, tomatoes, chili and basil, season with salt and pepper and combine, being carful not to break up the fish
- Cover and cook on a very low heat for 30 minutes
- Add the olives when there are a few minutes remaining
Try basa or any firm white fish.
Cook by baking uncovered in a casserole dish at 180° C (350° F - gas 4) for 30 minutes at step 3.
Add other vegetables such as sweet peppers.
Rock salmon is also known as rock eel, rock, bull huss, huss, spiny dogfish, dogfish, sea veal & flake