Roast chicken and rooster potatoes with lemon
- 4tbs vegetable oil
- 8 Chicken Legs
- 12 Whole garlic cloves
- 650g Medium Rooster Potatoes cut in wedges
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Sprig Rosemary
- 2 Whole Unwaxed Lemons
- 400ml Good chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- Cut the chicken legs into joints, heat a frying pan with a table spoon of the oil and brown the chicken legs all over.
- Transfer the browned legs into a roasting tray.
- Cut the lemons into thick slices 2cm thick, add them to the roasting tray.
- Put the tray onto a high heat, add the rest of the oil and toss the legs and lemon to coat.
- Add the potatoes, bay and rosemary, pour in the stock and bring to a boil.
- Put the tray into the oven and baste regularly till both potatoes and chicken is tender, approx 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and discard the lemon pieces.
- Place the chicken and potatoes onto serving dish and spoon over any remaining juices from the roasting tray.
(Recipe by Andrew Fairlie)
- Roast potatoes
- Roast vegetables
- Gravy recipes
- Perfect Yorkshire puddings
- Get chicken pieces the economical way, joint the chicken yourself
This recipe originated from the recipe section of Albert Bartlett