Ratatouille tray bake
This dish is just about as easy as they come to make yet tastes absolutely divine. Purple Majesty potatoes are available from branches of Sainsbury's.
- Zest and juice of a lemon
- Handful of fresh rosemary
- Sprinkling of fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- ½ Pack (about 600g) Purple Majesty potatoes, washed and cut into quarters or wedges. Leave the skins on.
- 2 red onions, peeled and quartered
- 4 leeks, rinsed and cut into four
- 1 green, 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, chopped into large pieces
- 2 parsnips, peeled and quartered lengthways
- 2 carrots, peeled cut into chunks
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6)
- Mix the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic powder and celery salt with the herbs and Crushed garlic in a bowl and set aside.
- Put the prepared Purple Majesty potatoes, onions, leeks, peppers, parsnips and carrots in a large, deep roasting tin.
- Now drizzle all over with the lemon and herb marinade and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Roast for 25 minutes, stir everything around, then add the cherry tomatoes and stir again so that everything browns evenly.
- Roast for a further 25-30 minutes, or until cooked through and nicely browned on the edges.
Feel free to play with the quantities to add more of your favourite veggies. (Recipe by: Sally Bee)
This recipe originated from the recipe section of Albert Bartlett