Quick fried steak with a hazelnut and garlic sauce
This recipe is a verbatim copy of Filetes de ternera con salsa de avellanas except I have used very thinly sliced frying steak as I could not obtain veal at short notice. Cooking this for 2 people I halved the meat but kept the sauce quantities roughly the same though I increased the amount of cream from the original recipe
- Olive oil
- 420 g of thinly sliced beef frying steak, well seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tomatoes, finely diced
- 100 g hazelnuts, coarsely ground - 2 to 3 minutes in a mini chopper or food processor (small bowl and a metal blade).
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 120 ml single cream
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and sauté the beef slices until cooked. Remove and set aside.
- Add the onions and garlic to the oil until the onions are golden.
- Add the tomatoes, hazelnuts and white wine and leave to cook for 15 minutes.
- Return the beef to the pan, add the cream, heat through and serve.