Pumpkin and green bean tagine
- 2 tablespoons Belazu Argan Oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Belazu Rose Harissa
- 3 plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 x 250g pack green beans, ends trimmed, cut into small pieces
- 500g pumpkin peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- juice of one lemon
- 2 Belazu preserved lemons, flesh removed and discarded, peel cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander, plus a few sprigs to garnish
- 20 black olives, pitted
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the argan oil in the casserole, dutch oven or tagine, add the onion and cook on a low heat to soften.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, then stir in the spices, the Harissa and half a teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and stir. Add the green beans and place the pumpkin cubes on top. Add 225ml of cold water, bring to the boil then simmer, covered for 25-30 minutes. Do not stir during this time.
- Check that the pumpkin is cooked - if not, stir and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Make a paste of the flour and lemon juice and add 2 tablespoons of cooking liquid. Stir this into the casserole, then dot the lemon strips and olives on the top.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes on a low heat, stirring gently. Finally, season and stir in the chopped coriander and garnish with the sprigs.