Prawn and Grapefruit Salad
Another great recipe from Nik and Edwina's Cookbook. A lovely light, zesty, flavoursome alternative to a more traditional prawn cocktail. It's similar to a recent ceviche recipe I made this recently: Tuna and avocado ceviche.
- 300g cooked and peeled tiger prawns, cut in half lengthways
- 1 ruby grapefruit, cut into segments
- 1 bunch of fresh dill (about 15g), chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, stoned and diced thinly
- 40g wild rocket
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon of light olive oil or avocado oil
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 or 2 Pitta breads per person
- Mix prawns, grapefruit, dill, together
- Mix together cayenne, oil and lime juice
- Arrange avocados and a couple of handfuls of rocket on each plate.
- Top with prawn mix and drizzle with the lime juice vinaigrette.
Serve with Moro crispbread
Fry 4 or 5 cloves of peeled and crushed garlic in olive oil for a few minutes then cook the prawns in the garli oil.
- Similar ceviche-style recipes