Pot roasted chicken with bay studded rooster potatoes
- 1.6Kg Oven Ready Chicken
- olive oil
- 50g Butter, melted
- 6 Cloves Peeled whole Garlic
- 8 Whole Baby Roosters
- 16 bay leaves
- 600ml Good chicken stock
- Salt & Pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan and brown the chicken all over, then season with salt & pepper.
- Sit the chicken in a large roasting tin.
- With a small knife cut each potato across its width in 5mm slices, stopping 1cm before the bottom so as the slices are still joined at the base.
- Insert a few bay leaves into the slits.
- Place the potatoes around the chicken.
- Bring the stock to the boil and pour around the chicken. Cover with tin foil and place into oven, cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove the tin foil and brush the potatoes with melted butter, return to the oven and continue to cook for another 45 minutes, basting the potatoes regularly until they are glazed.
(Recipe by Andrew Fairlie)
This recipe originated from the recipe section of Albert Bartlett