Pork and Bean Cassoulet
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 celery stick sliced
- 1 -2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1x 400g tin butter beans
- 1x 400g tin flagelot beans
- 1x 400g tin black-eyed beans
- 600ml chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 x higher welfare chopped bacon rashers which are labelled Freedom Food, outdoor reared, outdoor bred, free-range or organic
- Large handful left over higher welfare roast pork which is labelled Freedom Food, outdoor reared, outdoor bred, free-range or organic
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the bacon and cook until the bacon is lightly coloured. Add the onion, carrots, celery and garlic and continue to cook for about 5 minutes. Add the tinned tomatoes, drained beans, the stock, and bay leaf and season. Cover and simmer gently for about 30 minutes.
- Add the pork and continue to cook for a further 20 minutes. Check the seasoning.
Serve in a bowl with lots of crusty bread.