- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sweet pepper, cut into 2cm squares
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 180g courgettes, cut into 1cm slices and diced into 4.
- Garlic to taste, crushed
- 340g tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the pepper, onion, courgettes and garlic until the onion has softened.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook over a low-medium heat, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- At the end of the cooking time, increase the heat to reduce the liquid. giving you a thick, stew-like consistency.
It can be served hot, cold or warm and can be made a day in advance. Nice with fresh, homemade bread.