- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 900 g boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, diced and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 medium onions, diced
- Garlic to taste, diced (I used 3 bulbs)
- 4 red peppers, roasted, skins and seeds removed, and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 3 teaspoons if fresh
- 2 400 g tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan to a medium temperature.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook for about 15 minutes to brown them.
- Add the onions and garlic and stew until the onions are beginning to soften - about 5 minutes or so.
- Increase the heat and add the remaining ingredients.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, then reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Continue cooking, uncovered for around 50 minutes, until the chicken pieces are tender.
If you can get nice, ripe, fresh tomatoes, then they are best, but peel them first.